Updated January 28, 2020
Please scroll down to sign the petition to stop the giant Drones!
· Flying football field sized drones beaming toxic wireless radiation into the ocean and parts of Maui county was proposed in June, 2019, by the University of Hawaii HAWK30 drone program, in a 3-Phase program application that was withdrawn but has resurfaced in another form…
· Their stated purpose was: “to develop new airborne overhead 5G communication, which would provide strong wireless service over a large area, including deep valleys, remote lands, and over the ocean“.
· On November 14, 2019 a draft environmental assessment (DEA) was transmitted by the State Land Use Commission as part of Pulama Lanai’s application to change the land use designation for the area by the Lana’i airport from agricultural to industrial. It includes 100 acres for heavy industrial and another 100 acres for light industrial.
· If this change is approved the stated goal of turning the island of Lanai into a giant drone manufacturing plant could be realized. We at KeepYourPower.org submitted comments in opposition to this loss of agricultural land. More opportunities will arise to voice your concerns. Please stay tuned and sign/share our petition to stop the giant drones.
From the previous (June, 2019) application:
Phase 1 – Initial Testing over the ocean, Lānaʻi, Kahoʻolawe and Molokini, skirting the south and west shores of Maui island to achieve one successful drone flight of 30 days in duration. May take 2-3 roll-outs
Phase 2 – Long duration flights of up to 6 months each. FAA approval was granted in August
Phase 3 – Lānaʻi becomes a drone manufacturing plant and global launch pad for commercial drones flying throughout the equatorial belt
· Secretive project built a 16,500 square foot hangar to house two huge drones on agricultural land on Lānaʻi without public notice and prior to Lānaʻi Planning Commission meeting, showing a lack of good faith
· 215 acres of former pineapple plantation agriculture land on Lana’i is propose to be used for this high tech drone experiment blanketing the Earth with wireless radiation
· In the Use Determination Application the drone was repeatedly referred to as an “airplane” and “aircraft” but airports are not allowed on agricultural land. A Hawaiian cultural practitioner filed a petition to intervene in the process and two others joined in that action in September.
· On August 8 the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) granted the HAWK30 a COA2, a Certificate of Authorization issued by the Air Traffic side of FAA that permits these drones to operate over Lana’i, Kaho’olawe, Molokini and the ocean, right in the middle of a Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary (see map below). A COA is typically issued for 2 years.
· One Hawk30 drone broadcasts the equivalent of 1800 cell towers, at a much lower power level, however, power is irrelevant to health effects except for tissue heating. Thousands of peer reviewed research studies document the non-thermal effects of wireless radiation on humans and other living things. In some experiments the lowest power levels caused the most leakage in the blood-brain barrier. An inverse relationship between power and health effects has even been shown. Wireless technology is not made safe by reducing the power.
· Despite announcing as early as July 16 that, due to public outcry, 5G was removed from the project, and then changing their story in a press release, it took until August 30 for the developers to revise their Use Determination Application to reflect this promise to the community. This application has since been withdrawn.
· Even though the Application was amended to replace 5G with 4G, 5G can be brought back in the future at any time and the applicants have publicly stated this.
· Although 4G is to be used instead, beaming 4G wireless radiation into the land, into the ocean, into our homes, into our bodies is not healthy for humans or safe for the environment
· In Phase 1, two drones would be utilized for 30 days, covering 150 square miles, flying at 65,000 to 80,000 feet with no one policing them
· Final plans are to turn Lānaʻi into a drone manufacturing plant and launch pad to fly massive drones over most of the world’s population forming a wireless mesh network
· The drone is so experimental that almost no regulations exist to govern it
· AeroVironment has built two high altitude drones and both have crashed
· If this 1.5 ton drone falls from the stratosphere it could cause devastation. Only 2300 Newtons of force crush a human skull wearing a helmet. An object falling from a height of 70,000 feet weighing 1.5 tons produces 266,756,000 Newtons of force! There would be air resistance, but if this massive experimental drone malfunctions and falls from the sky it could kill and maim humans, whales, dolphins and other living things that inhabit the Hawaiian islands
· Dr. Loren Pang has called 5G a human experiment without consent that violates the Nuremberg Code
· The Hawaiian islands have already been the target of Google’s huge high altitude helium balloon, HBAL663 LOON, whose flight path is shown in the image below circling around Maui County at 57,500 feet
· The wireless radiation enabled LOON was tracked circling the Hawaiian islands for about a week (7-31-19 to 8-6-19), including flying right over the Lana’i drone airstrip, presumably to collect weather and wireless communications data in preparation for the HAPS30 drone, since the two projects are partnered
Such secretive and experimental high altitude technologies beaming down wireless radiation should not be allowed in Hawai’i airspace until they have been proven safe to humans and the environment. Please sign the petition.